"Well then, why has it taken you so long to post to your blog" you ask?
I'll tell you why.
My teaching school let out on Thursday, but my first summer course (an online class that I'm taking) started last Monday, so I had an assignment to do. But, before I could do that, I had to get my house cleaned and do the shopping for Connor's 5th birthday party. We spent the day Friday cleaning the house and the back yard for the party. We still weren't finished when Grandma Mary and Grandpa Gary pulled into the drive way Friday afternoon--oops! (Thankfully, they didn't seem to mind!)
I finally got my course work and the house work caught up in time for the party, which was "the best birthday party EVER," according to the birthday boy. I promise to post photos in the next day or two--I just don't feel like it today.
Yesterday, I celebrated Mother's Day with my mom and sisters. Since May is an exceptionally busy time of year in our family, we've taken to choosing a date in June and going shopping together. I am quite proud of myself for not spending terribly much on the outing. Well, I didn't spend much of my own money. Turns out, I really enjoyed spending my older sister's money. We had a lot of fun picking out things for the house that her family moved into this past winter.
Now on to today. Connor started his first session of day camp at the Y. I thought he would only be gone Mon-Wed-Fri (just in the morning), but it turns out, it's all week long! This actually turns out to be a good thing for us, though. You see, I started potty training Riley this morning. When she got out of bed, I immediately put big girl underwear on her. And I've been doing that ALL day! So far, it is decidedly NOT going well. She has wet so many pairs of underwear that I've lost count. And the worst part is, she doesn't even seem to notice the problem. Turns out, she's nothing like her big brother in the potty training arena. He made the transition beautifully! It was so easy with him. I guess this is one more item on the "Things about parenting that you thought you had figured out" list. Riley has a way of adding things to that list. Ah well, hopefully with a little perseverance we will get through this week!
And the last thing on my list of updates: I have finally forced myself to sit down and start studying for my comprehensive exam. I have to sit for a 4-hour essay test on Saturday. All HAND WRITTEN! Can you believe that? Ummm, the last time I had to hand-write an essay I think I was in high school. No, wait, I did have to do a couple in college--over 10 years ago!!!!! C'mon, folks! Is this the stone age? Why, when we have computers so readily and easily accessible do you choose to do this to not only us but to yourselves? I promise you--whomever is forced to grade the last 3 questions that I answer is very likely to go blind in the process of grading my paper. That is, assuming my right hand doesn't fall off before I complete my answer. It will not be pretty! But it will be hand-written, just as you asked. Enjoy!
So, in summary--
- School's finally out, but I've still been incredibly busy.
- I hate cleaning urine, but I don't want to have to buy diapers anymore.
- I will post birthday pictures sometime this week (before I take this test and lose my right hand).
- I have to keep studying--1 question down, 4 to go.
- I hate having to write things by hand even more than I hate having to clean my daughter's bodily fluids off of my furniture.
No comments:
Post a Comment