Today is my first official day of summer break. This year, as opposed to years past, rather than waiting until the last 5 days of break to cram in all the stuff that I had planned to get done over break, I'm actually going to get it done in a timely fashion.
It's almost 10 a.m. and so far this morning I have dropped the kids at the sitter's (they are going today and tomorrow--party days at Nan's house=days that Mom can get stuff done at home), dropped a tone of stuff off at Goodwill, been to the post office, swept out the garage and hosed out the same garage floor. I type this blog entry as I wait for the garage to dry so I can move all my basement furniture into the garage so that tomorrow I can rent a rug doctor and steam clean the carpets.
Yes, now that Cleo the cat who loves to mark her territory is no longer living in our home, we may be able to enjoy a better-smelling basement. We intend to get a fresh start, you might say.
So, this week's project is deep cleaning and organizing the house (which, let's face it, may run into next week). Then after that, I revamp all my classes for next year. Then I can finally get all that scrapbooking caught up!
It's going to be a busy summer!!
Monday, May 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment