Sunday, April 13, 2008

Why Has My Eye Been Twitching All Day Long?

So it's day 2 of the blog-resolution, and I'm back. Really it's pretty inexcusable for me to not post an entry on a weekend day. Our weekends aren't that full. I have the same philosophy regarding weekend trips to the Y, but that did not happen today. Oh well, 1 out of 2 isn't so bad. (it's not so good, either.)

So my day began pretty much as a normal Sunday. Get up, get ready, get kids ready, go to church. That is where the normalcy ends. Sometime during the service, my left eye started twitching. It is now going on 7 pm and the twitching will not go away! It's driving me up the wall! I've tried everything. (Okay, that's not actually true. I have not resorted to a witch doctor. Yet.) I've been gently massaging my eyelid most of the day. It seems to help while the twitching occurs, but I've found sleep to be my only escape. Good thing I have a great husband who will take care of the kids so I can sleep a Sunday afternoon away.

I think the twitching stems from my hatred of shoe shopping. Yep, after church--when we should have been heading home for lunch and nap time (the kids', not mine)--we headed to the great Shoe Carnival. Now, as I have skis for feet, I detest the entire shoe shopping experience. Every time you see a cute shoe on display, you go looking for that box with your size printed on it (preferably in a wide width). Assuming you actually find the mythical 9.5 W, you open the box, and there looking up at you from under the tissue paper is the most hideous shoe you've ever seen in your life. Yet, you still try it on--you've grown accustomed to the fact that size 9.5 shoes simply aren't as attractive as their size 6 counterparts. You try it on only to find out that it is indeed a form of torture. A form of torture that you are lucky enough to get to pay $20-$40 for.

We left Shoe Carnival with 2 pairs of shoes--both for Caleb.

And I still have yet to find some springy/summery shoes that I can still wear to work. (I refuse to wear flip-flops to work.) So I suppose the all day eye twitching is a response to the fact that later this week I will have to go to Famous Footwear and try again.

Curse you shoe factory gods!!!!!!!! Actually, if I'm cursing something, Curse you large feet!!!!!!!

I have to go give myself a home pedicure now.

4 comments:

Amy said...

HooHaw! Welcome to the blogging world!

1UP RPG said...

I wonder if I am your first official subscriber. This is so exciting.

Beth said...

Boy, do I hear ya on the "skis for feet" thing! Try wearing a size 11! The only styles you can find in that size are either orthopedic or hooker shoes!

1UP RPG said...

Yay, welcome to blogging! We didn't start blogging because we thought we were terribly witty or wry...just because it was an easier way to post observations, pictures and updates for our friends and family to visit if they chose, rather than sending mass e-mails. Of course, I want all my friends to do the same so I can easily keep up with them and feel like I have a social life, even if it is just through the computer. :)
I wear a 9.5 too! Before I had Eva, I wore an 8.5. My feet have grown a half size with each child! Might i suggest shoebuy.com? I was wary of online shoe shopping, but I found some great Sketchers in my size at a great price. "active bikers step-up" is what they call them, but I thought they were good spring shoes to go with khakis that aren't tennis shoes are flip-flops. :)
Brooke